A common goal of striving to be the world’s best will improve the way your business operates and ultimately minimise problems.
How do you run a world-class sales team? Here are my top nine tips to take your team to new heights.
1. Structure your ideal week to streamline tasks and maximise efficiency. Have deadlines in place so you can do one task effectively, then move on to the next without being whiplashed back into the old task over and over. Let your clients know your ideal week to ensure the team is proactive instead of reactive.
2. Have great systems and checklists in place. This is going to ensure your business rules are adhered to, everything is done and problems are minimised down the track. These checklists will make you look good in front of clients without any awkward moments.
3. Acknowledge problems when they happen, then improve the systems to ensure they can’t happen again. The best way to get to world-class is to learn from the team’s mistakes.
4. Embrace technology that makes life easier and have great software in place. Avoid having multiple programs that do different things – centralise your activities into one program that everyone can use and access with ease. This will make completing tasks a whole lot easier.
5. Communication is the key in a world-class team – you need to know where things are and what’s going on at all times. Make sure you have a weekly team meeting to review goals and clients, plus continue communication through the week with mini-meetings or daily phone calls to review and plan for the day ahead. Embrace email as an easy way to keep everyone up-to-date with the latest actions within the business.
6. Have a great team around you, as they will generate great ideas, build on the vision and provide much-needed support and wisdom on your journey to becoming world-class and achieving amazing things.
7. Celebrate achievement and reward success. Working towards a common goal is the core element of a world-class team. When you achieve something amazing, pause to celebrate.
8. Invest in yourself and your team with quality training. Make sure you know how to use the technology and software in your business and invest in sales training for the whole team. This is a great way to ensure your team is skilled in dealing with buyer enquiries and making things happen.
9. Be happy at work. Make the office a great environment to come to. Plus, have fun – if it’s World Secretary Day, bring in morning tea to celebrate.