If Donald Trump has a message for Australian real estate agents and principals, it’s this - suck it up, face your challenges, and any bad luck you’ve been having may quickly turnaround.
The billionaire property developer and star of The Apprentice, Mr Trump, will talk live via satellite about a number of core issues, including strength of character: turning bad luck into good luck; how to focus, following one course until successful; brand you: what your brand stands for; relationships: you can’t do a good deal with bad partners; and what successful entrepreneurs do that others don’t.
“I will give the delegates of AREC 2012 very sound advice based on my years of experience in business,” he said.
“My brand has become successful because I’m passionate about it, and have been for many years. I work at it every day, and love it. It’s what I stand for so I always give 100 per cent to every product or development.”
“Difficulties are a part of life and business,” he continued. “The important thing is to focus on the solution, not the problem. Bad luck can turn into good luck with the right attitude.”
Top American real estate business coach Tom Ferry will also present at AREC 2012.
“We have faced many interesting challenges in the U.S particularly in resort areas such as Arizona, California and Florida where many are saying that the real estate economy has turned,” he said.
“What I will teach at AREC, is how agents need to communicate with homeowners about market activity and what is relevant to them and selling their homes.
“The consumer needs to know that if they are going to sell, how to stay ahead of the curve and avoid the costly mistakes and 1,000’s of agents and millions of American homeowners have made.”
Other speakers at this year’s event, which is being held at the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre on May 27 and 28, will include:
- Regular columnist to Fortune Magazine Verne Harnish, “the Growth Guy” specialist in rapid growth people and companies;
- Robin Sharma, with over 97,000 Twitter followers is also advisor to global Fortune 500 CEO’s and author of international bestseller The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari. Robin will give ‘Leadership Lessons to Stay Strong in Turbulent Times’;
- US mega agent Alan Shafran will give his ‘Blueprint for 100 deals a year’;
- Tim Smith, California’s Fastest Growing Sales Agent, will explain how to do $100 million in sales and listings;
- Li Cunxin, author of Mao’s Last Dancer, and former principal dancer with the Australian Ballet
Top local talent including John McGrath, chief executive officer, McGrath Estate Agents, Mat Steinwede, one of Australia’s leading agents for over a decade, and Jason Boon – one of Australia’s top five sales agents, will also be present.
“We are thrilled to be able to support the real estate industry in their quest for continued improvement and knowledge,” Amanda Hunter, general manager of Total Real Estate Training, organiser of AREC, said.
“Nowhere in the Southern Hemisphere can you network with as many switched on real estate professionals, hear from so many top international speakers or sharpen your business skills than at AREC.”