The Real Estate Institute of Australia’s (REIA) National Awards for Excellence were held at Parliament House last night, where the industry's top performers were awarded for their contribution to real estate.
Queensland dominated the night, walking away with six of the sixteen awards.
Real Estate Institute of Queensland (REIQ) CEO Anton Kardash said the strong Queensland showing was further evidence of the high calibre of the state’s real estate practitioners.
“Six out of 13 finalists representing the REIQ and Queensland won a national award last night, which is one of the best results in recent memory,” he said.
“Not only does this result reflect the professionalism of those working in real estate in Queensland, but also the integrity of the REIQ’s own awards program, which includes a judging panel with all finalists.”
Victoria also had a successful night, taking four major awards.
The prestigious President’s Award was presented by REIA president, Mr Peter Bushby, to 94 year-old Les Wearne of Western Australia, who has spent over six decades working in real estate.
The recipients of the 2013 REIA National Awards for Excellence are:
- Business Broker of the Year – Simon Winter, Raine & Horne Corporate Business Sales, SA
- Buyer’s Agent of the Year – Simon Pressley, Propertyology, Qld
- Corporate Support Person of the Year –Greg Tate, Raine & Horne Commercial, Qld
- TERRI SCHEER Residential Property Manager of the Year – Ranita Patel, Place Newmarket, Qld
- Commercial Property Manager of the Year – Kim Knox, CBRE, Qld
- DEPOSIT POWER Community Service Award – Luton Properties, ACT
- DIRECT CONNECT Innovation Award – 4one4 Real Estate, Tas
- TOP SNAP Communications Award – Toop&Toop Real Estate, SA
- Achievement Award – Jack Dixon, Jack Dixon Estate Agents, Qld
- Commercial Salesperson of the Year –Wayne Bunz, CBRE, Qldallhomes.com.au Residential Salesperson of the Year – Tim Heavyside, Fletchers, Vic
- Commercial Agency of the Year – Colliers International, Vic
- Small Residential Agency of the Year – Maria Selleck Properties, ACT
- Medium Residential Agency of the Year – Jellis Craig Doncaster, Vic
- Large Residential Agency of the Year – Fletchers, Vic
- President’s Award – Les Wearne, WA