A leading Sydney principal and director has landed a place on the prestigious Business Review Weekly (BRW) Fast Starters list, for the second year in a row.
Adrian Wilson, of Wilson Property Agents in Sydney, was placed in position 62 on the list that ranks companies and entrepreneurs who have increased their revenue and continue to grow and outperform their competitors.
“Once again it is a great honour to be part of such an elite group of Australian entrepreneurs,” Mr Wilson said.
“The past 12 months have been both professionally and personally an amazing year, this acknowledgement just confirms that our continued commitment to excellence is the driving force behind our success.”
In addition to being listed on BRW’s Fast Starters, over the past 12 months Wilson Property Agents has also been recognised as finalists and winners at the 2012 Real Estate Institute of NSW (REINSW) Excellence Awards; nominated as finalists in the 2012 City of Sydney Business Awards; and were invited to join the Real Estate Results Network (RERN).
Personally, Mr Wilson has also completed an Executive Masters of Business Administration (EMBA) and during his studies received the Customer Service Institute of Australia Marketing Award for Excellence in his year. He was also part of the team who took out the prestigious John Molson International Case Study Competition in Montreal.
For entrepreneurs and start‐up businesses to have qualified, they must:
• Have commenced trading after June 30, 2008
• Have reported at least two fiscal years of revenue
• Have reported revenue of more than $500,000 in 2011-2012
• Revenue for 2010-2011 must have been higher than 2010-2011
• Have more than one main customer (the bulk of revenue cannot come from government grants or other start-up funding)
• Business must be Australian-owned, not a subsidiary of a multinational
• If not publicly listed, must provide third party verification of revenue figures from an external accountant or auditor