As the market becomes increasingly more competitive, one leading agent has come up with seven surprisingly simple ways to help you keep your clients for life.
Cameron Nicholls of Nicholls & Co Estate said it is more important now than ever before to ensure the clients that you’ve ‘hit’ actually ‘stick’ with you for the long haul.
He says that as the captain of the Australian Touch Football team, he has been able to draw on his sporting background to bring the ‘hit and stick’ philosophy from the football field into the world of real estate.
“To simplify things, my approach to our clients - or ‘people’ - is just that upon initial contact, we stick with them,” said Mr Nicholls.
“With each and every person I meet, I aim to create a client for life, or as I prefer to call them ‘connections for life’. It is a long-term approach that involves servicing someone from the very initial point of contact, with no end point to that service.”
Cameron Nicholls’ seven surprisingly simple ways to keep clients for life:
1. Don’t be afraid to suggest other agents’ listings and even offer to have a look on their behalf.
2. Know your clients’ preferred method of communication.
3. Remember that each property they don’t like takes you a step closer to the one they do.
4. Even if there is no new listing to report, still touch base to let them know you’re thinking about them and have them on your radar.
5. Invest in high-quality stationery to deliver personalised messages – the effect of email has worn off and receiving a personalised note has more impact.
6. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Be prepared to look at it as a 12-month commitment at minimum.
7. Constantly update and refine the requirements using whatever database you use.