To most real estate agents, Facebook can seem like a speeding train, one that everyone says you have to be on but you don’t quite understand where it’s going or the point of getting on board.
So, I’ll try and simplify it: In Australia, there are 15 million active users of Facebook every single month, so by putting your brand on there, you instantly have access to more potential prospects than any other medium.
The beauty of Facebook and the way that the platform is currently run is that any brand or individual agent has the ability to connect on a deeper level with their core demographic. Running a great content campaign alongside an advertising campaign will allow your brand more exposure than ever before.
Our top tips on what you NEED to know when it comes to Facebook advertising are:
• Do not “Boost” your posts! Take the time to create custom audiences and target your posts or ads to these. This way you know that your posts are reaching your core market and that there will be a specific target for your campaign.
• Facebook Insights is your new best friend. So many people will underestimate the data that is collected within Facebook Insights, so make sure you research what your audience is responding to and post more of that.
• Build out a content strategy. Plan what your goals and targets are with your Facebook account and then build a strategy around that. Listening to what your audience engages with is the most important thing.
• Use images that will stand out and test them! When you are building out a Facebook Advertising Campaign, you get access to 1,000-plus of beautiful stock photos. Make sure you test a few different images within you campaign to see what resonates best with your audience and always try to use contrasting colours to the Facebook platform. The more your ads stand out, the better!
• Build out landing pages that are specific to your advertising goals. If you build out specific landing pages for your campaigns, you will increase the conversions on all your campaigns, as often when a prospect is sent from Facebook to a website and they will click away and get distracted, you will not be able to capture their information.
• Monitor your results. When you are advertising on Facebook, it is always important to make sure that you are constantly analysing the results. Making sure that you change and update your campaign every 48 or 72 hours will make sure that you are generating the best results possible.
At the moment, Facebook advertising is available to everyone! From the smallest and newest agent on the block to the biggest and flashiest agency around. As the market slowly changes, we are seeing more and more agents allocate funds to newer forms of lead generation and advertising to make sure that they are seen by their target audience. Having your business online and in front of your prospects’ mind is more paramount than ever, and being a leader in an ever-changing market will help you take your business to the next level.
Emma Barr is the founder of iLEADS, a pipeline accelerator for real estate agents.
She is travelling Australia in a van as we speak, working AND living the dream!