If you want to avoid being one of those agents who just heard about this new platform called 'The Facebook', and you want to take charge of your social presence, then you need to be proactive.
In order to get consistent content out, you need to create some template themes.
These themes will mean you just need to plug in a few holes in order to get content out on a regular basis. But what are the topics you can cover and what will people want to read?
Take a look at 23 social media posts that are sure to start conversations.
1. A review about a suburb where you are currently selling
2. Local market updates
3. Local events that are upcoming in the suburbs you currently list
4. Local parks and places where people can stay fit
5. A breakdown of what real estate terms mean. Do people know what a split loan really means?
6. Gallery images of new listings - Instagram is a great tool for this
7. Local council updates that will affect the residents in the area
8. Local facilities that can help people stay active
9. Review a local restaurant and mention what you liked and didn't like about it
10. Statistical evidence on why to buy rather than rent in an area
11. The best places to grab a coffee
12. The things you like most about living in the area
13. Photos of the outdoor facilities (parks etc.)
14. Market updates in general, as well as specific to your local area
15. Houses that are being sought after
16. How mortgage rates are affecting buyers and how to structure a loan
17. The closest places to style your home (hardware, interior stores), also mention to them you will feature them and ask for referrals
18. Moving companies that help people move in to the area you service
19. Places you go to unwind (yoga etc.) that are more personal to you
20. Kid-friendly areas in your local neighborhood
21. Creative ways you have marketed homes and results from this
22. Examples of furniture interior that works
23. Photos of happy vendors with a quote from them
The most important thing to remember when generating social media posts is to keep your content consistent and accurate. If you can build up readers, you will have a stronger following when consumers come to pick an agent, and chances are they will pick you.
Rocky Bartolotto is the national sales director for homely.com.au. Rocky's extensive experience in introducing new product offerings to the market and client management abilities makes him one of the most knowledgeable property specialists in the country. In addition to his time working in the online space, Rocky is also one of Sydney’s top auctioneers, with over 4,000 auctions performed through his business. He is the director and chief auctioneer at Property Auction Services.