One of the country’s best property managers has once again topped their state in the Real Estate Institute of Queensland (REIQ) Awards for Excellence held last week.
Having won the REIQ Residential Property Manager of the Year in 2008, 2010 and 2012 (as well as being a finalist in 2009, 2011 and 2013), Katie Knight has taken the top spot in 2014.
Held for the first time in the refurbished Brisbane City Hall, over 500 finalists and guests – including the Queensland premier and the attorney-general – attended the REIQ’s 2014 Awards for Excellence gala event.
“Every year, our awards grow in stature and importance as agents and agencies seek to differentiate themselves in a competitive marketplace,” REIQ CEO Anton Kardash said.
“We had a number of first-time winners last night, with some having been finalists for many years before being named the state’s best.
“We also had winners who received their second or third consecutive award, which is testament to their commitment to the highest standards of business practice and customer satisfaction.”
The 2014 REIQ Awards for Excellence recognised 14 of the very best practitioners working in real estate in Queensland today.
The 2014 REIQ Awards for Excellence winners are:
REIQ Residential Property Manager of the Year
• Katie Knight, RE/Max Success Toowoomba
REIQ Large Residential Agency of the Year
• Ray White Surfers Paradise Group, Gold Coast
REIQ Medium Residential Agency of the Year
• Amber Werchon Property, Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast
REIQ Small Residential Agency of the Year
• Dixon Family Estate Agents, Toowong, Brisbane
REIQ Commercial Agency of the Year
• Century 21 Commercial Hervey Bay
REIQ Auctioneer of the Year
• Jason Andrew, Jason Andrew Group
REIQ Residential Salesperson of the Year
• Mark McGill, Amber Werchon Property, Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast
REIQ Commercial Salesperson of the Year
• Steven King, Ray White Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast
REIQ Best Real Estate Report
• Michelle Hele, The Courier-Mail
REIQ Business Broker of the Year
• Iain Horne, Benchmark Business Sales, Varsity Lakes, Gold Coast
REIQ Community Service Award
• Laguna Real Estate, Noosa Heads, Sunshine Coast
REIQ Corporate Support Person of the Year
• Greg Tate, Raine & Horne Commercial Brisbane Southside
REIQ Rookie of the Year
• Jessica King, MPM Property, Parkwood, Gold Coast
REIQ Buyers’ Agent of the Year
• Simon Pressley, Propertyology, Fortitude Valley