While barbecue-worthy weather has all but disappeared from Australia for the winter, the US has transformed the simple tradition into a real costly spectacle.
One Missouri resident has caused approximately $550,000 worth of damage to his home due to a barbecue explosion, according to The Missourian.
The home owner suffered minor injuries when the propane tank on his barbecue exploded at a Memorial Day cookout, extensively damaging his two-storey home, including the two cars in the garage.
The fire also displaced the residents next door due to their home suffering heat, smoke and water damage, while a house across the street also suffered heat damage.
(Images: The Missourian)