Virtual inspection tools, live-stream auctions and new customer support packages will allow agents to carry on following government restrictions on open house inspections and auctions to slow the spread of COVID-19, an industry platform has found.
Domain has announced the changes to its platform which will help both buyers and sellers continue to trade under unprecedented times.
Domain Group director – commercial Tony Blamey said the health and safety of staff, customers and the wider community is of paramount importance, making technology important during these difficult times.
“Domain will next week launch a range of new digital inspection and online auction tools. This is in addition to existing functionality of supporting property video, virtual and 3D tours which will display more prominently on listings. With the RTA Bidtracker product, agents will have the ability to live stream auctions to registered bidders to conduct an auction virtually,” he said.
“People will still need homes and will still face changing property requirements — our current situation will, however, change how we operate. We are fortunate that the property industry is primed for digital transformation and this situation will now accelerate this transition.”
Available now on all Domain listings:
- Ability to upload a video and a 3D virtual tour to Domain listings — helping agents showcase properties in a virtual format.
- “Request an online inspection” button added to listings which will drive enquiries to agents to provide a one-on-one walkthrough of a property with a potential buyer online, using agents’ preferred online provider such as Google Hangouts or FaceTime, on the Domain website (apps coming next week).
- The ability for active property seekers to book a private inspection, helping to maintain buyer interest, on the Domain website (apps coming next week).
- A COVID-19 information bar on the homepage and all listings to guide property seekers on how they can connect with agents and arrange a private inspection.
Coming next week on all Domain listings:
- The ability to advertise your online auction — helping agents increase awareness among interested buyers so they can attend an auction online.
- The ability to activate your Real Time Bidtracker Auction Live link — helping agents present an auction directly to potential bidders through the Domain listing.
- Increased prominence of property videos and virtual tours/3D tours to guide active property seekers towards these online alternatives, and we’re exploring adding virtual inspections to listings to enhance the inspection experience.
“The property industry is a strong one — we have faced challenges together before and adapted. And we will do it again, together, as we see through COVID-19,” Mr Blamey said.