Ensure you never miss an issue of the
real estate business bulletin
Real estate secures govt funding

Real estate secures govt funding

by Reporter 0 comments

Raine & Horne SA has become the first business in the state to secure two separate government grants for workforce training.

The South Australian real estate was given $99,000 by the federal government to support the accredited Property Services Certificate III, IV and Diploma training and skill development across its metropolitan and country offices.

“The real estate sector employs more than 80,000 Australians, contributes in excess of 0.6 per cent to Australia’s Gross Domestic Product and provides services that every Australian will utilise and be substantially impacted by several times in their lifetime,” Raine & Horne SA chief executive officer Kevin Magee said.

“The average age of a South Australian real estate business owner is above 50-years-old and many are retiring from the profession.

“If the growing skills shortage is not addressed then the average Australian needing assistance in selling, securing, renting or managing what is commonly their greatest financial asset will find the range of professionals available to assist them and the subsequent service quality substantially diminished.”

As a result of the grant, 90 per cent of the cost of Certificate III, IV and Diploma in Property studies for staff employed by Raine & Horne SA will be covered – with the remaining 10 per cent remaining a tax deductible expense.

“We are being proactive to ensure that the standards of real estate professionals keep getting better not worse,” Mr Magee said.

le>.b-autolinks{text-decoration:underline}.b-autolinkshadowbox { display: inline; position: relative; cursor: pointer; color: #428bca;} .b-autolinkshadowbox:hover > span { display: block !important; } .b-autolinkshadowbox__links { white-space: nowrap; z-index: 999; display: none; left: 0; border: 1px solid #bfbfbf; border-radius: 5px; font-size: 12px; top: 12px;color: #000; padding: 10px; position: absolute; background-color: #FFF; box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px 1px #bfbfbf; } .b-autolinkshadowbox__links > a { display: block; padding: 3px 0; }
Real estate secures govt funding
lawyersweekly logo
promoted content
Recommended by Spike Native Network
Listen to other installment of the Real Estate Business Podcast
reb top 100 agents 2017

The REB Top 100 Agents ranking is the foremost ranking of agents in Australia. It has set the bar for excellence in Australian real estate. To be ranked as an REB Top 100 Agent is the standard real estate professionals strive for. See the full 2018 ranking here!

featured podcast

featured podcast
The difference between an average agent and one who dominates

McGrath Crows Nest’s Peter Chauncy is number 10 in this year’s REB Top 100 Agents ranking. Peter, however, is more likely not surprised ...

View all podcasts

Would you consider working for Purplebricks or a similar 'DIY' model?

Yes (7.2%)
No (80.9%)
Perhaps - make me an offer (12%)

Total votes: 209
The voting for this poll has ended on: July 13, 2018
Do you have an industry update?