So They Can is a not-for-profit organisation registered in Australia, New Zealand, Kenya, Tanzania and the United States.
We work together with communities and their governments in Kenya and Tanzania to educate and empower, so they can break the poverty cycle, realise their own potential and meet their own needs. This ensures our model is sustainable and we are meeting the critical needs of the communities we partner with.
- Educate 1080 children at Aberdare Ranges Primary School in Nakuru, Kenya
- Provide a nurturing home for 120 orphaned and vulnerable children at the Miti Mingi Village
- Educate and provide loans to women facing extreme poverty through our Micro Finance Business School
- Support a community medical centre that services the wider Nakuru community of 20,000
- Operate a Teachers’ Training College in a remote rural part of Tanzania
- Have formed an Education Collaborative with 37 schools in Kenay and Tanzania providing access to better education for over 1,900 children
- Work together with local communities to establish numerous social businesses to create jobs and generate funds
Visit www.sotheycan.org find out more about So They Can's projects and how you could get involved.