Just as first impressions are important on a first date, it is essential to present your listing in the best possible light. This begins with kerb appeal which can affect interest in a home, as well as the eventual sale price, according to Nicholls & Co Estate Agents founder Cameron Nicholls.
A few simple ideas can make a huge impact on a property’s sale price and they don’t need to break the bank.
Mr Nicholls shares five ways to improve your listing’s kerb appeal and reap the benefits during sale time.
1. Gardens – Ensure your lawn is manicured throughout the campaign and make sure the edges are done. If you do not have many plants, you should rent some to create a more welcoming space.
2. Front door – A fresh coat of paint or a new door handle can make the entrance to your home more appealing and even give it a pop of colour.
3. Fences – If you are appealing to families, consider investing in a fence to create a sense of security.
4. Letterbox/street number – Ensure your letter box is relatively new and the number of your house is clearly displayed so people won’t miss it.
5. Coat of paint – A fresh coat of paint will make the property appear new and well looked after.