The Tax Office has updated its services for small businesses by launching its Online services for business (OSB) portal following an industry consultation.
The new OSB portal replaces the previous Business Portal and electronic superannuation audit tool (eSAT).
The ATO said OSB will provide a secure, modern channel to manage tax and super obligations, and can be accessed on multiple devices, including a smart device like a phone or tablet at a time that is convenient.
Key features include:
- digital lodgement of audit complete advices (ACA) and auditor contravention reports (ACR)
- lodgement of multiple ACAs in one report
- instant ACR lodgement confirmation
- print-friendly versions of ACR lodgements
- single login for multiple businesses
- communication with the ATO through secure mail
- page-specific help and support
- access to the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House
At present, the new system is in public beta testing. The ATO has encouraged users to provide feedback on the portal through its “Give us your feedback” form.
To log in to Online services for business, users need to use myGovID, with new users needing to set up their myGovID and link it to their business using Relationship Authorisation Manager.
“Online services for business is live, so any changes or lodgements you make will update your records with us,” the ATO said.
“We understand many are still impacted by the events of 2020 and we will continue to support you through this time of change. While you transition to Online services for business, the Business Portal and eSAT are available until they are decommissioned later this year.”