A real estate agent has two main jobs: selling properties and winning listings. The first probably comes naturally to you. But the second might feel like a struggle.
To generate leads, you need to find a way to attract attention and differentiate yourself from your rivals. And to do that, you need to publish quality content marketing.
What marketing channels should real estate agents use?
There are a million different ways you can promote your business, from digital ads and social media to in-person events and direct mail.
With so many choices, you might feel stunned into inaction. However, by answering these simple questions, you can gain some clarity on the right way to market your services:
- Why do I need to market myself?
- Who is my ideal client?
- What marketing will my ideal client find most engaging?
- Where is my ideal client most likely to be reached?
- How can I deliver content efficiently to my ideal client?
5 of the best marketing channels for real estate agents
The main objective of social media marketing is to establish yourself as a trustworthy expert. People don’t look for a real estate agent every day, but when they do, you want them to think of you and not your rivals. The best way to establish trust and credibility is to share industry news, offer advice, solve problems, and engage with your audience through relatable posts, videos and infographics.
Some of your target audience might not be on social media. So, the best way to reach those people might be through email. You can use emails to:
- Share property and finance news
- Keep in touch with birthday and anniversary mails
- Set up appraisals
Blogging is a great way to prove your expertise to potential vendors who secretly visit your website as part of their research process. Your blogs can take the form of:
- Checklists (e.g. “Everything you need to do when preparing for an open home”)
- Comparisons (e.g. “Buying versus building”)
- Lists (e.g. “5 things to look for in a real estate agent”)
- Interviews (e.g. with mortgage brokers or conveyancers)
- How-to guides (e.g. “How to maximise your selling price”)
Webinars can be a very effective way to demonstrate your expertise and reach lots of clients. You can use webinars to offer advice, bust myths and answer questions. You can invite specialists from related fields (such as mortgage brokers) to make guest appearances.
Very few businesses send direct mail these days. That means the letterbox has never been emptier, which means it’s never been easier to stand out with direct mail. You can use postcards and letters to notify clients about special offers or important news.
Nick Bendel is the director of Hunter & Scribe.