Lead generation is the number one objective for a real estate agent.
You might think the main objective is to sell homes and make commission, but the reality is that you can't sell homes without having a strong pipeline of potential buyers ready to go.
So what is the easiest way to increase your potential buyers and win listings in the simplest possible way? Let me explain how.
How to win more listings
Winning more listings means you have more stock to sell. That, in turn, often means thinking outside the box. Here are three examples:
1) Offer commission incentives for referees: Ask people, “Do you know someone looking to sell a home? Refer them to me and if they let us manage their campaign, we will treat you to a weekend away!" For people who know people looking for an agent, it is an easy referral and the acquisition cost of the listing may only be a few hundred dollars.
2) Letterbox drops with an online enquiry form: A lot of people letterbox drop, but their call to action is to ask the prospect to phone the agent. People are time-poor and some are reluctant to reach out. Why not build a form, on a very basic URL, that works as a lead submission form and goes straight to your inbox? The form can ask, “Which service would you like me to help with?”, and provides an easy call for you to implement as a follow-up.
3) Bringing past vendors to initial pitch meetings: What better way to win a listing than to bring social proof? In your first pitch, it can help to have someone come along for whom you sold a similar property. They can discuss how the process went and how they are happy with the results. A prospective vendor seeing someone come and advertise your services is the best possible proof of service. Discuss with your past vendor how your presence will help you – and if you've done a good job for them, they should be happy to help.
How to win more buyers
It's all good and well having listings, but you need buyers. How can you find buyers in creative, effective ways? Here are the answers:
1) Working with a market research company: Before you can win more buyers, you need to do some market research and find the emotive points that drive people to act. Ask a market research company to find out the likes, lifestyle choices and appealing calls to action for people in your buying demographic, then team up with affiliates that captivate those target audiences and start marketing. Is your buyer in their early 20s and most likely a footy lover? Team up with neighbouring gyms and footy clubs and have them market towards your potential buyers, nominating you as the go-to agent.
2) Being omnipresent in every element of their life: Think about where your buyers spend their time and incorporate your way in to it. Is there a local restaurant that's incredibly popular? Give the restaurant free drink coasters that carry your branding and define you as the local expert. This helps show people you are connected to the local market and businesses usually have no issue using it as it decreases their costs. This is cheap and effective advertising.
3) Engaging on their social accounts: When people are looking to buy a property, the first thing they usually do is talk about it on social media. They can tweet out a link, discuss on Facebook, share a post on Instagram about a home they think is their dream home. Provide commentary on why that home may be worth buying and what pros and cons it has. Use this social status as an avenue to open a dialogue regarding more information.
Ultimately, these tools are great ways you can increase your exposure and find potential buyers for your homes. Analysing the content out there and what they are saying is a great platform to start a discussion. You should be engaging on every tweet that comes from an individual in regards to a specific listing, finding out if it's their home, if they want to buy it and where they sit in the market. You should also have search results set up on social channels so you get alerts whenever there is a discussion with people who talk about homes in your areas.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rocky Bartolotto is the national sales director for homely.com.au. Rocky's extensive experience in introducing new product offerings to the market and client management abilities makes him one of the most knowledgeable property specialists in the country. In addition to his time working in the online space, Rocky is also one of Sydney’s top auctioneers, with over 4,000 auctions performed through his business. He is the director and chief auctioneer at Property Auction Services.