Thirty laws of the attraction agent
Blogger: Tom Panos, GM of News Corp – Real Estate Sales and a real estate trainer and coach
Success in real estate is an inside job. Whilst a lot of training is focused on the behaviours and actions of what successful agents do , this model lacks the step before the behaviour - and that is how an agents feels emotionally about the behaviour.
Generally , things on the outside get better when things on the inside get better. THINGS GET BETTER WHEN YOU GET BETTER. Below are a set of rituals or laws if you like to go you in peak real estate fitness.
- Do not copy your competitors.
- Be super focused on the customer experience, as every touch point of doing business with you is an opportunity to create a raving fan.
- If you’re in business, you’re in show business. Every minute your performance is being judged. Give a world class performance every day.
- To get stunning results, aim for micro improvements daily. In the end it’s the small changes collectively that make a big difference.
- No matter what your position is everyone works in human resources and marketing.
- It can take you 20 years to build an incredible reputation and 20 seconds of stupidity to lose it. Don’t think dumb, don’t do dumb.
- Right this minute the client is watching you.
- Build brand equity. In yourself. Everything you do is either building or destroying your brand.
- Change the story you carry with you from self limiting to one that is positive and empowering.
- Use lists. Write things down. Check them off.
- The fastest way to double your income is to double your rate of learning. Listen to audio books or podcasts.
- Stay clear of talk back radio.
- Look after your staff and they will look after your customers.
- Risks are far less scary once you take them.
- Do not care too much about what other people think of you. Care far more of what you think of you.
- Do not work for work, work for a result.
- Crucial conversations drive you forward. Avoiding these conversations holds you back.
- Critical behaviours are highly average actions that give massive results. Think 80/20. That’s right 20% of your activities will give you 80% of your results.
- Be up by 5am.
- Go to bed by 10pm. There is nothing useful you can do from 10pm to midnight apart from becoming world class at Facebook.
- The people who gossip about others when they are not around are the people who will gossip about you when you’re not around.
- Do yoga. With better awareness, you’ll make a better decision which will lead to better actions, which will lead to better results. It all starts with your thinking.
- Learn 3 new things a day. That’s a 1000 a year!
- Don’t tear people around you down. See the best in people and remind them.
- Live every day as if it’s your last. One day you will be right.
- The biggest cause of procrastination is perfection. JDI = just do it.
- Be who you want to be.
- It’s so easy to say nice things to people. Why not do it more often?
- Have a clear 30 second elevator speech about what separates you from your competitors. Say it with passion!
- Never forget you have complete control as to how you interpret a situation and what your response to that situation is.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Tom Panos is the general manager of sales at News Corp as well as a real estate coach. His weekly blog goes out to 14,000 agents, and focuses on being an attraction agent. He regularly interviews Australia’s highest-producing real estate people. For more information, visit www.tompanos.com.au.